Building Your Personal Brand
In this Storify, I will discuss steps you can take to make sure your personal brand on the web.
Below is a list of example syntax styles for the Google search engine.
- Search for an Exact Phrase: “Badass Velociraptor”
- Search in a Specific Site: dinosaurs site:en.wikipedia.org
- Search for a Definition: define: dinosaur
- Search for a List of Products: Click the “Shopping” link on the left panel options
- Search for a Specific File Type: list of dinosaurs filetype:pdf
- How to Include or Ignore Words: If a word is essential, put it in quotes. If you want to subtract a word, -Herbstosaurus (because herbstosaurus are lame)
- How to find related pages: related:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dinosaurs
- How to replace words with synonyms: ~cool dinosaurs
- How to find a specific time for a country: time France (or Pangaea if searching for dinosaur time)
Here is a spider web showing the tracking information from a short browsing session. Web generate by browser add-on Collusion.
As an example of closed captioning, I have added closed captioning to a youtube video (originally made for a high school TV broadcast) called Clone in a Box Commercial.
The video with annotations can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2Og5p1XVU
Here is a download link to the text file detailing the annotations: Download